Last updated on February 27th, 2018 at 05:14 am
The EPF policy is a lifesaver for the employees. The amount which gets accumulated in the Provident Fund could be used for a number things. The contribution for this retirement corpus is made mandatory by the government and both – the employer and the employee – have to contribute towards it.
What all is required to track the status of claim?
To track the status of the EPF claim, you only need the following things:
- PF Account number
- Regional office of EPF of the employer
- Establishment code and extension code
Check EPF Claim Status by giving a missed call
If you want to know your EPF claim status by missed call. You have to give a missed call on 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number, then you will get the details.
Check EPF Claim Status by SMS Alerts
In case the Provident fund number is connected to your mobile number, you can make user of the SMS alerts to find out the withdrawals and transfer claims of your PF amount. The SMS will be initiated from the EPFO in case:
- The EPFO receives your claim request form
- The claim request is approved and the amount is being transferred to the corresponding bank account number.
How to check the PF claim status on EPFO website?
If you are contributing towards the EPF, and have submitted a claim request at the EPFO, you can now even track the status of your claim request. To check the claim status of PF, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of EPF
- Click “Our Services” and find “For Employee” tab
- Under the “For Employee” tab find “Services” section and hit “Know Your Claim Status”
- You will be then redirected to another page, where you will find “Click Here for Knowing the Claim Status”
- After this step, a new webpage will be displayed and you will be required to select the PF Office state and corresponding to this, a list of EPF offices in the selected state will open up.
- Select your PF office where your claim request will be sent or will be settled. This will be available from the drop down menu.
- After you complete the above mentioned step, the office and region code will automatically get filled.
- Now you would need to punch in the establishment code or the company code which is a 7 digit code.
- If any extension number is given, enter that as well in the fourth box or else leave it blank.
- Punch in your PF account number in the 5th box which is a 7 digit number.
- Check and verify all the details and then submit.
- You would now be able to check Claim status of your EPF
How to Check the EPF status on APP?
You can also check the claim status of EPF on the PF APP – UMANG. This app was designed to assist Indian Citizens to manage their services effortlessly. Through this app, they can take advantage of many schemes as launched by the Government of India and can also track the status of EPF. UMANG stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance. This app is helpful as you can check your transaction details and also shows the claim status of your request in case it is pending or approved. If you have already submitted a request for withdrawal, you can get the status through the following steps:
- Download the UMANG App from the Google Play store
- Find “EPFO Services”
- Under this option, find “Employee Centric” Option
- Now you will find two options – “Raise Claim” and “View Passbook”
- Find “Track Claim” from these two options and click on it.
- Punch in the Claim reference Number
- You will now receive an OTP on the registered contact number. Punch in that number.
- Now you will click on the link “Track Claim”
- The status of your claim will now be displayed on your mobile screen now.
Advantages of checking the EPF claim status online
- Your visits to the EPF office will be reduced and you can easily get the status of your claim online
- You can also check your PF balance online if your UAN and Online EPF are activated
- This is a very simple and convenient process to check the status of claims.
- The status updates are dynamic and change as and when there is a change in the procedure.