In the year 2015 the EPFO introduced the EPF Mobile App, SMS Centered UAN Activation and also the Missed Call Service. All these services were of great advantage to all the PF members of EPFO. In order to create the UAN service more user-friendly, EPFO initiated SMS centered balance-checking service. With the help of this service, the members can check the balance of their PF on their phones. At times, members may not be able to access the website of the EPFO, it is then this service becomes handy.
The only prerequisite being the integration of the UAN number with the KYC details like bank account details, Aadhaar card details or PAN Card. In case you are not able to get it done, you can always reach out to your employer to help you with this.
After the UAN is KYC integrated, you can use the below mentioned steps to check the EPF balance with the help of SMS.
- Using your UAN authorized contact number, send a text to number 77 38 29 98 99.
- The format would be like EPFOHO UAN ENG. This would help you to receive the message in English.
- You can receive texts in up to 10 vernacular languages such as English, Hindi, Punjabi, Telugu, Gujarati, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil, Bengali and Kannada. Listed are the language codes that the customer is required to use in the SMS format when carrying out the request for PF balance.
- English: ENG
- Hindi: HIN
- Malayalam: MAL
- Telugu: TEL
- Punjabi: PUN
- Gujarati: GUJ
- Marathi: MAR
- Kannada: KAN
- Tamil: TAM
- Bengali: BEN
- After you send the text message, you will then receive the details available, along with the details of the KYC, recent contribution, and the total EPF balance, from the EPFO.
- This facility is available round the clock. 24*7*365 to be precise.
- Also bear in mind that you might not be able to receive the text message if your PAN, Aadhaar and Bank account were digitally authenticated and furnished by the company. So you must get in touch with your current company in case you do not receive the SMS.
Soon after the details have been sent to the number 77 38 29 98 99 using the format mentioned above, the members would get a text on their phone in the following sequence.
- Name of the PF member
- Date of birth
- Recent contribution made by both employer and employee
- Aggregate balance in the PF account
Advantages of SMS facility of EPF
- SMS is basically a one-to-one medium of communication and it is less time consuming as compared to other mediums of quick delivery of information.
- The intended user get the message straightaway into their mobile devices.
- SMS service is also widely used for all the B2C communications, and also one of the most favored mediums of attending to the requests made by the user by various organizations like governmental bodies and financial institutions. The SMS facility introduced by EPFO demonstrates the same.
- The SMS facility is created so to carry out few of the fundamental processes of EPF.
- No matter how many applications get introduced in the domain of mobile technology but SMS facility would always be one of the preferred solutions.
- SMS establishes instant communication.